We purchased a bag of baby spinach sold under the Sproutman label from Moore Wilsons Masterton on the 9th of October 2016. When we opened it to use in a salad on the 12th of October, we discovered what appeared to be the insides of a mussel. I alerted the company responsible who promised us they would look into it and provide us with vouchers of an unspecified amount along with a report into the situation and what they discovered and how they have taken steps to prevent this from happening again..
After carefully packaging the contents of the bag an returning it to the Moore Wilsons store for pickup to take to Auckland we heard nothing else. After numerous emails and phone calls we have to this day had no response from the company, nor received any vouchers (I really doubted they'd send anything - not that vouchers would fix anything anyway). The company (Snap Fresh Foods) supplies fast food outlets and supermarkets throughout New Zealand, and at this stage has given no indication of what it intends to do to address this problem.
Absolutely disgusting example of profits before people. I would not buy anything from Snap Fresh Foods simply because you don't know if it is contaminated or not and they have not shown any willingness to remedy this situation by informing us or anyone else how they intend prevent this happening in the future. Let this be a warning - eat products fromSnap Fresh Foods and you risk becoming ill through food poisoning.